Auckland has long been affectionately known as the ‘City of Sails’, with one of the world’s highest rates of boat ownership in the world and the Southern Hemisphere’s largest marina, Westhaven.
Discover the city’s fascinating maritime legacy from the earliest Maori arrivals around 1,000 years ago, through to Auckland’s sailing prowess in the present day.
• View the America’s Cup (subject to availability)
• Visit to the NZ Maritime Museum
• Westhaven Marina – one of the world’s largest
• Luxury Super Yacht Pavilion
• Great viewpoints of Auckland Harbour Bridge and city skyline
• Off-road cycling route suited to all ages
Duration: Half day tour – 4 hrs
Departs: 10am / Ends: 2pm
Total cycling distance: 10kms
Inclusions: Bike Rental, helmet, cable lock, entry to NZ Maritime Museum and directional map.
Grade 2: Suited to all ages and abilities, but participants need to be able to ride a bike confidently and unassisted.
E-bike Upgrade: 25NZD per person
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.