This popular, private tour starts at our centrally located base. Learn more about Auckland City from a knowledgeable, passionate local guide and meet new people! We follow an easy route along flat cycle paths through the Viaduct Basin to the charming seaside community of Mission Bay. We return to our base via-a scenic viewpoint and the historic heart of Auckland city.
When we reach Mission Bay, you can choose to relax on the beach or indulge in an ice-cream before we pedal back to the city. As we ride back to the city, you will enjoy sweeping views across the islands of the Hauraki Gulf and the Auckland skyline.
Your guide will teach you about the history, culture and lay of the land around Auckland City. You will really enjoy this tour for the relaxed, social environment it provides. Independent travellers really enjoy the opportunity to spend a morning with a knowledgeable, passionate local guide.
Departs: 10am | Ends: 13.30pm
Total Cycling Distance: 22Km
Tour Duration: 3.5 hrs
Inclusions: Guide, Standard Bike, Helmet, Bottle water & ice-cream
GRADE 2 – Gentle, flat terrain – suited to all ages and abilities.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.