Discover the diversity of chocolate in this one day workshop, making lots of tempting goodies to take home. Our specialised tutor has a wealth of experience and knowledge to share.
Successful chocolate work comes from an understanding of the ingredients, temperatures, techniques and tools involved.
Tempering: How to melt chocolate so it is shiny when cooled
Runout: Shapes and designs made from piping melted chocolate
Ganache: A combination of chocolate and cream; by changing the ratio it can be used for a variety of purposes from icing to truffles
Our one day class starts with an introduction to chocolate, then you will learn a variety of skills while making a range of tempting treats to take home.
Tempering and chocolate runouts
Our small classes provide lots of support in a fun environment.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.