As you paddle through the stunningly clear waters of the Goat Island Marine Reserve, you’re likely to see a variety of fish such as Snapper (tāmure), Red Moki (nanua), Blue Maomao, and perhaps even some Eagle Rays (whai keo) and Stringrays (whai).
This unique experience is unlike any other kayaking adventure, allowing you to marvel at the marine life that swims just below your Clearyak (Clear Kayak).
Fun and educational for all ages.
Goat Island Marine Reserve is a magnificent marine environment that attracts people from all over New Zealand.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).