Sri Lanka has a long and rich history which is reflected in the food, even today. There are some wonderful examples of Sri Lankan cuisine right here on our doorstep in Panmure. Starting with king coconut water and finishing with high country tea, our tour includes kottu, curries and much more.
Meeting place: Outside library entrance, 13 Pilkington Rd, Panmure, 1072
Things to remember:
1. Come hungry and wear comfortable shoes.
2. Arrive five minutes before the start time.
3. Tours operate rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
4. Please bring a shopping bag as we visit some great food outlets.
5. This tour can cater for vegetarian diets but is not suitable for gluten-free or vegan diets.
6. Allow 3 hours, rain or shine
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Be patient - You'll be working as part of a group, so make sure to be patient and wait your turn - we like to be fair and give everyone a go.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.