The Orakei Local Board is restoring the stream in Waiata Reserve by getting rid of inasive weeds and replanting the stream banks with native plants. A natural, clean and beautiful stream environment is good for native wildlife and creates a nicer space for people to enjoy.
Today the local community will be planting 1000 plants.
CVNZ are managing the logistics of the day and would love to have your help to set up and take down gazebos, displays and barbecue, as well as help with getting the plants in the ground.
For more information, please contact 0800 56 76 86 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.