The Hagley Adult Learning Centre is looking for some short-term to help support someone who is learning to garden.
Some gardening or landscaping experience is preferable, and you will be spending your time weeding, weed eating and more! Share your skills and your knowledge!
Preferably, this will be two hours per week on a weekday morning that suits you.
This is a short-term opportunity to help while someone learns the ropes – get that feel-good feeling and satisfaction from helping out! Get in touch with us today!
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.