Help maintain Community Gardens in Linwood under supervision of garden project overseer.
This may include weeding, mowing lawns, planting and general gardening. Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 pm.
Any amount of time during these hours would be appreciated, however, 2 hours minimum per week would be ideal.
This is a great way to be involved in a community project, take home some fresh veggies, meet new people and have fun!
Linwood Resource Centre Te Whare Taonga o Nga Iwi katoa provides a welcoming, stimulating and safe environment for local people by building an inclusive community where they can explore creativity, share skills and resources, becoming more and more informed/empowered. The organisation encourages action on issues of importance to Linwood people at a local or national level. and work towards a bicultural partnership and celebrate cultural diversity.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.