Full Day Workshop – 10am till 3pm. Go into the forest and learn about the medicinal properties of native plants and trees. Pick Kawakawa leaves and return to workshop to learn how to make your own Kawakawa balm and natural lip balm to take away. This is a hands-on practical workshop, exploring the senses. Learn how to pick, when to pick according to moon cycles, integrity and honouring papatuanuku, our mother earth.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Wear your old clothes - This is a hands on experience where it's okay to dress casually, as your clothes may get a bit dirty while you're having fun!
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).