Capture the essence of both modern & traditional Japanese life and the close links between New Zealand & Japanese culture, its people, architecture and landscapes.
Guided by genuine Japanese/New Zealand Guides, your immersion into Japanese culture in Auckland will include exclusive access to Taiko Drumming Dojo – including performance and hands-on drumming experience.
You will also experience behind-the-scenes restaurant experiences, a calligraphy lesson and Japanese fashion.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Please and thank you - A friendly reminder to use ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ lots for all the people who will be helping you during this experience.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Sharing kai (food) - You will be sharing food as part of this experience, so please wait until you are invited to eat. There may also be a prayer (karakia) to bless the food before it is eaten.