Depart central Auckland by coach heading an hour north to board a ferry to Kawau Island. Explore Mansion House, the walking tracks and wildlife on Kawau for a relaxing day.
Return to Sandspit and to Matakana where you will be staying for the night.
An amazing evening awaits you at Tawharanui Open Sanctuary, where you will taken on a guided environment educational experience focusing on native wildlife including the elusive Kiwi.
The day will take you to Opononi on the Hokianga Harbour and enjoy the exhilaration of sandboarding down the sand dunes!
Set out with your guide and visit the new Manea Footprints of Kupe experience and visitor centre. The visitor experience will be 75 minutes in duration and connect deeper with local stories.
Continue south and stop for a short walk to Maunganui Bluff from Aranga, and a beach stroll along a section of the Kai Iwi Lakes Coastal Walk. Then, visit the Museum Te Whare Taonga o Tunatahi in Dargaville to explore the pre/post European history of the region.
Your tour concludes with your arrival back into Auckland.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Please and thank you - A friendly reminder to use ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ lots for all the people who will be helping you during this experience.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Sharing kai (food) - You will be sharing food as part of this experience, so please wait until you are invited to eat. There may also be a prayer (karakia) to bless the food before it is eaten.