This one day workshop at The Loft Yoga Studio in Whangarei allows you to retreat from your day to day world, leave your busy life behind, make new friends, have new experiences and regain a sense of natural calm and wellbeing. Enjoy morning and afternoon yoga sessions including some restorative yoga, with deep relaxation and mindfulness training.
If you have never practiced meditation before, full instruction will be given and we will focus on how to get a comfortable seated or lying position for the meditation. Free time in the middle of the day to explore the town basin, harbour walks and surrounding cafes. Everyone who completes this workshop will also receive a 30 day free trial to Yoga Fire online classes led by Tim, the owner of The Loft Studio.
Summer availability: 17th January and 31st January 2021
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Turn your phone off - Make sure you don't use your phone while your guides are talking. If you need to make a call, please ask your guide/teacher first.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Permission for photos - If you are taking photos that include other people, always ask them first if they are happy for their photograph to be taken.