Enjoy a full day trip to the world-famous Poor Knights Marine Reserve, voted one of the world’s top dive spots. Learn to snorkel in the clear deep waters allowing you to see schools of fish and soft coral from the surface. Visit Riko Riko Cave, kayak from the boat, spot dolphins or whales enroute to the islands as well as seals and birds on the cliff tops. Learn the history of this marine reserve and the marine life which flourishes there.
Swim with our staff who will capture photos and videos of your underwater adventure. Images of you enjoying your ocean experience as well as a selection of fishlife photos will be sent to you via email within 7 days of your travel. Option to upgrade to include high resolution photos and video.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Permission for photos - If you are taking photos that include other people, always ask them first if they are happy for their photograph to be taken.