Start your day with a ferry ride out of Waitemata Harbour across to Matiatia Bay, where you will start your island adventure. Your first stop is at EcoZip, an award-winning adventure and eco-tourism activity destination. Learn about their role in local conservation and the sustainable practises that help to keep the natural environment thriving, before taking to the skies to soar over the native forest. Next, stop for a delicious lunch at Wild on Waiheke, where local produce is at the heart of the menus. Then spend the afternoon on an eco sea kayak tour, paddling across the pristine waters and exploring bays and coves. Your day comes to an end with your ferry ride back to the city, leaving with fantastic memories of one of New Zealand’s most sustainable tourism destinations!
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).