Discover the outer Hauraki Gulf aboard the 41-foot catamaran Pacific Star, with daily departures from Waiheke Island.
We’ll stop at a pest-free island for a guided walk, plus you’ll have opportunities for swimming, snorkelling and stand-up paddleboarding.
Our guide will help you learn about the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park, its islands and people. You’ll spot seabirds and may see dolphins, and even whales, as we glide along with the wind in our sails.
This unique eco-adventure is the only day sailing trip offered in the outer gulf and departing from Waiheke Island.
If you’d like to take the helm or help us trim the sails, skipper Bruce will be happy to show you the ropes.
Your itinerary will depend on the wind direction and weather so that we can give you the most enjoyable and comfortable experience.
Minimum of 4 people required.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Turn your phone off - Make sure you don't use your phone while your guides are talking. If you need to make a call, please ask your guide/teacher first.
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).
- Permission for photos - If you are taking photos that include other people, always ask them first if they are happy for their photograph to be taken.