Embark on a journey of discovery on Waiheke Island, just 30 minutes from downtown Auckland, with the 3-hour EcoZip Experience. After being picked up at the ferry terminal, enjoy a Waiheke tour showcasing all the highlights – the island Lonely Planet named ‘the
playground of the gods’.
Once arriving at EcoZip HQ – located high on a hill with spectacular sea views to Auckland City – take to the skies on our unique ziplines. With dual cables each over 200m long, fly side-by-side a friend in an unforgettable shared experience.
Conservation is at the heart of our business so while you’re zipping with us you’re directly contributing to the preservation and protection of a beautiful, yet once threatened, piece of NZ rainforest. When you stroll through our forest with your guides you’ll gain a glimpse of 100% Pure New Zealand, experience our dedication to protecting it, and hear the stories of how this spectacular land has changed and adapted.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Turn your phone off - Make sure you don't use your phone while your guides are talking. If you need to make a call, please ask your guide/teacher first.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).