Arrive in Tutukaka in the evening to your bach style accommodation and enjoy the welcome nibbles and drinks provided. Start day two with a flat-water Standup Paddleboard (SUP) lesson followed by a leisurely paddle to a lovely beach for lunch. Take a short hike to a great view point and finish your paddle with a ride on some small waves. Your day ends with a delicious dinner at one of our local restaurants, Schnappa Rock or Wahi.
On day three, choose from a range of local activities including a dive or snorkel trip to the Poor Knights Islands Marine Reserve, a horse trek from Sandy Bay, a SUP Yoga class or a surfing lesson. For a more relaxed day, choose one of many great coastal walk ways or visit romantic Whale Bay for a picnic. Optional activities not included in the tour cost.
Summer dates for this retreat are December 11-13, January 22-24 and February 19-21.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Outdoor eating - You can expect to be eating in the outdoors, which means finding a spot on the ground to sit and enjoy your meal - make the most of this ‘el fresco’ experience!
- Sharing kai (food) - You will be sharing food as part of this experience, so please wait until you are invited to eat. There may also be a prayer (karakia) to bless the food before it is eaten.